How could a job working in security be my dream job you ask? Well, it depends on what your priorities are. A security position has its perks but working for Weinstein Security makes all the difference.
This could be your dream job if job enjoyment is important to you. We strive to create a work environment that our employees love. You’re number one in your life, and we support that. You’re not expected to be a slave to the job. We work around your schedule, whether that’s school, family, or a second job. We also place you on jobs close to your home so you don’t spend your days or nights commuting. When you’re on the job, we do our best to kick the mundane. We have a variety of job sites to keep you interested.
We also vet all new clients to ensure job sites are safe. You’re important to us and we’ll never send you anywhere we haven’t investigated. We equip you with a Maglight flashlight and a comfortable, easy to clean uniform. No dry cleaning required!
You’re probably wondering about the benefits. We don’t blame you. You work hard and deserve to be rewarded. Our pay rates are all above minimum wage – you can explore those on our website here. Promotions and raises are based on job performance, not time with the company, so they can happen at any time. We love rewarding our employees so we do it often! Beyond that, we offer health insurance, paid vacation, a retirement savings plan, life insurance, and holiday overtime.
Sounding pretty good? We’re not even done yet. You get serious bragging rights with this company. After training, that we provide, you’ll be a licensed security officer in the state of California. The Weinstein’s have been in the security business for over 40 years and know the industry well. The company is highly regarded making it an excellent resume addition. It feels good to work for a secure, successful company with a fantastic reputation. Best of all, it’s a supportive, family-oriented workspace. You are a name, not a number. The managers and owners will all know you by name and treat you as an individual.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and begin a job you can be proud of, Apply Now.
Have you thought about becoming a security guard, but still aren’t sure? Here are 9 signs that a career in security is the right fit for you.
- You like to stay up late. This is a great way for night owls to make money. If you’re not thrilled by working the 9-5 grind and prefer to sleep in. A job in security might be a good fit for you. Shifts are often at night.
- You need a job now. Getting started in the security industry is easier than you might think. After a full day of training, you’ll be a certified security professional. You can start working in the field immediately upon the state issuing you the license.
- You’re interested in law enforcement. Many law enforcement officials get their start through entry-level security jobs. A guard position is a valuable stepping-stone to a future law enforcement career. Or, if you’re curious if law enforcement is a good field for you, this is a great way to find out.
- You want a flexible job that fits around your other responsibilities. Guard work fits well with your lifestyle. It’s a great second job and accommodates school schedules. It’s also ideal for retirees to make extra money and enjoy a rewarding job later in life.
- You like to move around and enjoy the outdoors. A guard position allows you to walk and stand during the shift, oftentimes outdoors. This is a great position if you’d rather not be stuck in an office building or sitting for long periods of time.
- You like responsibility with low supervision. Security guards are often patrolling serviced areas or on-site at businesses and events. You’ll be on your own and entrusted with the task of safeguarding people.
- You like working in a quiet environment with few people around. If a customer service job or employment in a busy office isn’t for you, a more peaceful job as a guard might be. There is some interaction with groups of people on occasion. But most often, you’re working solo.
- You want your friends and family to feel safe around you. A job in security often brings admirable skills and traits into your personal life. We find that friends and family members of our guards feel a greater sense of security. It’s one of the most rewarding aspects of a security guard occupation.
- You want great work benefits. We don’t blame you! Weinstein Security offers health insurance, vacation pay, overtime on holidays, life insurance, a retirement plan, and competitive rates.
We’re hiring! Want to learn more about getting started? Apply Now.
The security guard you want protecting you and your family is calm and often quiet.
Surprised? People often assume security guards are aggressive and loud. But, that isn’t true of the best guardians, who are often quiet, but observant.
While there are many qualities you might want in your neighborhood custodian, calm is at the top of our list. Here’s why it should be at the top of yours too.
When details matter, guards need to communicate them quick and accurately. Yet, high levels of adrenaline can cause forgetfulness in threatening situations. Guards trained to be calm in adrenaline provoking situations notice more details. Reporting them fast and correct to fellow security guards and law enforcement. Their swift communication shortens the time it takes for backup to arrive and prevents other problems from occurring.
Calmness is critical in times of action, too. Calm security guards keep composure, diffusing a situation instead of antagonizing an intruder. With this skill, they have greater management over the situation. Their aim is to maintain safety, catching a criminal is secondary. They are cautious at every step and think before they act. Even a few moments of reserve help guards make the right decisions and mistakes are avoided. Calmer guards also recall their training when they need it. They follow essential protocol instead of reacting rogue when energized and fearful. We train our security professionals to handle any situation in an effective and safe way. We know they use it on duty.
Most importantly, calm guards give you a sense of safety in times of both peace and panic. Aggressive security guards can make you feel fearful and anxious. A guard’s role is to defend you when situations arise, but also to give you a sense of protection daily. You should never feel like danger is around the corner, you should feel that it’s prevented. When trouble does arise, their calm demeanor is comforting. You’ll be reassured that all proper steps were taken and that you’re now safe.
At Weinstein Security, calmness is non-negotiable. The men and women that protect our communities must possess it.