Quick Guide: Throw a safe holiday party your staff will love
The holiday season is buzzing with excitement and company parties are always a highlight. Use this guide to plan a bash that your employees will love while maintaining an element of safety.
- Pick an offsite venue. The night will feel like a special occasion by being outside the typical workplace. This also reduces your total liability if something out of your control does happen.
- Choose a host. Ask someone that your staff is familiar with to host or even MC the event. A designated host can keep everyone engaged and having fun. They’ll make introductions, call attention for toasts, and diffuse any arguments that might arise.
- Remind employees that company policies (harassment and inappropriate conduct policies) are still in effect. Send a simple email a few days before the party reminding staff not to do anything they’ll regret the next day.
- Secure the venue. Hire a security guard to deter party crashers and monitor behavior. Unwanted guests can create friction with invited attendees. Weinstein Security’s trained security guards prevent these encounters and know what to do if anything goes awry.
- Offer plenty of non-alcoholic drinks and lots of water. Tasty mocktails keep alcohol free guests feeling taken care of. They are also a great alternative to guests pacing their alcohol consumption. Go one step further by making hydration convenient. Place water stations in many areas around the party. Guests can grab a sip between cocktails.
- Serve substantial food as guests arrive. A delicious menu is often how guests gauge a good party. Fortunately, full bellies also slow the absorption of alcohol into bloodstreams. Keeping your guests from feeling the effects too fast.
- Hire bartenders to monitor consumption. Hiring help during holiday parties is always a smart call. Especially when it comes to alcohol. Bartenders can observe how much each guest is drinking and identify alcohol-induced behavior. Bartenders know when it’s time to switch guests to water or mocktails. Our guards can help follow up with the bartenders’ call and walk guests to a ride home if necessary.
- Give a speech that shows your gratitude for a job well done. This is what holiday parties are for anyway! Thanking your team gives everyone a sense of satisfaction and keeps the mood lifted.
- Coordinate transportation options (Uber, Lyft, shuttles, etc.) and encourage guests not to drive. Your guests will see the on-demand free rides home as an added perk.
We wish you happy and safe holidays from Weinstein Security!