You’ve hired a great security company for your business. So there’s nothing more you need to do, right?
Not so fast… If you want your security service to provide the most benefit to your business, whether it’s Weinstein Security or a company local to you, there are a few tips you should follow to ensure that they are able to give you the best results possible in keeping your business, yourself, and your employees safe.
So, here are six easy-to-follow tips to set yourself and your contracted security guard company up for success.
- Give them a map of your building – It’s important for your security guards to know the layout of the building. They need to know where all the exits are and which parts of the building may be most vulnerable. A security guard’s eyes can’t be everywhere at once, so knowing where they should direct the most attention will make them much more efficient at their jobs.
- Maintain your outdoor lights – Thieves and other potential intruders don’t like light. They want to stay where they are least likely to be seen. Making sure your lighting is always working makes breaking in less appealing if they can’t easily hide from your security team.
- Check your cellular reception – This is particularly important when you’re looking for a new location. You don’t want your guards or your employees to be without service in an emergency, so verify that you can get a good connection all around the building. If you can, test with a few different providers as well.
- Don’t create obstacles – You will want to ensure that security cars can move freely and safely around the property being guarded.
- Communicate – Let the security guards know if you have particular areas that you’re especially concerned about protecting. More importantly, let them know about anything suspicious you may have seen that they should be on the alert for.
- Stay in touch – As well as communicating with the security guards, you should also meet with your security company on occasion. This doesn’t need to be in person; a phone call works just as well. The key is to give feedback, whether positive or negative. If you have small concerns, let them know before they become large ones. Weinstein Security, and any good security company, will want to correct those problems and will be glad you let them know early.
Hiring a security service is a great start to keeping your business safe. Once that’s done, following these 6 suggestions will give you the confidence that your security team can do the best job possible.