It’s that time of year! The weather is warming, the flowers are blooming, and festival season is here! Whether it’s a music festival, beer festival, or food festival, it’s important to remember some safety and security tips. Weinstein Security provides professional security guards throughout the North Bay to keep everyone safe at festivals, but we need your help as well.
Festival Season Safety:
- Create a meet spot- Whether you’re attending with adults or kids, it’s always smart to create a “meet spot” where you know to go if someone in the group gets lost. When there are thousands of people gathered in one area, often cell service can fail, and phone batteries can die. We’ve all been there. So pick a spot!
- Bring your own water bottle-Staying hydrated is a must during festival season and buying water at some of these events can become expensive! Most events provide water stations where you can fill up your own bottle with filtered water for free.
- Drink responsibly- This is an easy one. We’ve all seen that guy or gal who’s had a little too much. Don’t be that guy or gal.
- Bring hand sanitizer- Often at festivals, the bathrooms are less than sanitary and sometimes, hand washing stations are not provided. Keep in mind, you will probably be enjoying some festival food with your hands…so keep them clean!
- Ask for help- Do not be afraid to notify security when you see something. Unfortunately, violence, over intoxication and other safety risks happen all the time at festivals and are often not reported. If you, your friends, or someone you see is in danger, tell someone.
- Have fun- Enjoy the weather, food and music!